Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
We collect information you provide to us when using our services, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Registering an account or for a newsletter
- Registering for or attending an event
- Subscribing to or purchasing a product (e.g., special editions)
- Participating in a contest, promotion, or survey
This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
Usage Data is collected automatically when you use the service and may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, pages visited, time and date of your visit, time spent on pages, device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
When you access the service via a mobile device, we may collect information such as the type of mobile device, its unique ID, mobile IP address, mobile operating system, mobile browser type, and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information your browser sends whenever you visit our service or access it through a mobile device.
Information from Third-Party Sources
We may receive online or offline information about you from other sources, which we may combine with the information we collect directly. This may include:
- Information from other users, such as contact information if they provide you with a gift subscription.
- Information from enterprise subscribers, such as your employer or educational institution, who provide us with your email address for registration.
- Information from publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law, including contact information, demographic and professional data, and interests.
- Information from social media services if you interact with us or log in using social media credentials. Depending on your settings, we may access your information from that service.
- Information from data analytics providers and advertising partners, including usage information and information about your activity on other websites or platforms.
Use of Your Personal Data
We use your personal data for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Providing and maintaining our service
- Managing your account
- Performance of a contract
- Contacting you for service-related updates, newsletters, surveys, offers, promotions, and other information of interest
- Providing news, special offers, and information about goods, services, and events that are similar to those you have shown interest in
- Managing your requests
- Business transfers
- Other purposes, such as data analysis, evaluating promotional campaigns, and improving our service
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service.
- In the event of business transfers, your information may be shared or transferred in connection with mergers, sales, financing, or acquisition of our business.
- With business partners to offer certain products, services, or promotions.
- With other users when you share personal information or interact in public areas.
- With your consent for any other purpose.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Deletion of Your Personal Data
You have the right to delete or request assistance in deleting the Personal Data we’ve collected about you. You can update, amend, or delete your information by signing into your account or contacting us.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- In business transactions, we may transfer your Personal Data and provide notice before transferring it.
- We may disclose your Personal Data in response to legal obligations, protection of rights or property, investigation of wrongdoing, personal safety, or protection against legal liability.
Security of Your Personal Data
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure.
Account Management, Privacy Rights, & Other Choices
You can opt out of marketing emails by following instructions in the emails. Depending on your location, you may have certain rights with respect to your information. You can request access, corrections, or deletions by contacting us.
For more information about cookies, please review our Cookies Policy.
Our Service is not intended for users under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 18.
Links to Other Websites
We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of third-party websites linked from our Service.
Thank you for your trust and use of our services. Your privacy is important to us.